Bangalow - 50 Murphy Street, Port Douglas
Rejuvenate in luxury, with an unbeatable aspect, location and view! A wonderful prestige holiday residence in one of the most desirable streets in town. Bangalow commands the most sought-after SE outlook. Photographs cannot do it justice.
Exuding luxury and romance, Bangalow boasts a breath-taking panorama of Coral Sea, tropical islands, coastline and rainforest-clad mountains. The beach, marina, shops and some of the best restaurants in Australia are only a five minute stroll away.
With an emphasis on relaxation, there are two living areas; one, occupying the whole top floor of the eastern pavilion, is open to reveal the incredible views on three directions. The second is located next to the kitchen. From your own personal veranda vantage point, enjoy breakfast whilst you watch the sunrise over the Barrier Reef in the morning and then catch the 180 degree opposite in the afternoon as the sun sets over the mountains and Port Douglas beyond.
Located next to the kitchen and living area are two King bedrooms both with ensuites. The heated private saltwater pool & laundry facility is also on the same level.
The three other bedrooms are located in the front / eastern pavilion on the ground level. The king bedroom with ensuite enjoys SE garden views with glimpses of the Coral Sea. The other two bedrooms share one bathroom with separate WC.
Bangalow - an Aboriginal word translated "The House on the Hill" enjoys complete privacy, surrounded by manicured tropical gardens and magnificent views over Low Isles & the Coral Sea.
The beach path to Four Mile beach is just beneath the driveway - a short stroll down the stairs to the main beach.
You cannot underestimate the relaxation qualities that this home offers. Some people say Port Douglas is paradise in Australia. We invite you to one of Australia's most unique homes to experience a truly wonderful holiday.
"Thanks for making our recent holiday at 50 Murphy Street our best ever as a family.
The property was immaculate on our arrival, with Lili there to meet us. That made life and familiarizing ourselves with the property a breeze.
50 Murphy suits us perfectly and was exactly what we were looking for. The house is a treat and the views and privacy are unmatched.
I believe that location is an essential component to true relaxation, and sitting on the decks at any time of day, looking out in any direction I was frequently awestruck at the beauty of the location, environment and surrounds. We live in an extremely dense metropolis, one of the world's biggest, so the setting for our vacation was critical to recharge as a family. The whole family enjoyed the house, the grounds and the Port Douglas environment. Petanque on the lawn was a favorite for us all, even our four year old got involved.
Port Douglas is paradise, it was only our second stay but I can assure you we will be back, most likely to 50 Murphy Street.
What did I learn: Five nights is not enough.
Please send our thanks to the owner of this property for allowing us to enjoy it for the brief period of our stay. I fear that if it were mine I may not be so generous to share it with anyone.
Many thanks, from the whole family.
Steven Craig - Korea
Facilities and Features:
- 5 Bedrooms: (Main house: 2 King or 1 King, 1 Twin) Downstairs: 2 King, 1 Single or 2 Twin, 1 Single. All King beds can be made up as Twin rooms except the master bedroom in main house. All bedrooms with ensuite except downstairs Single and Twin room share one bathroom
- 4 bathrooms (two with bath) and 2 separate WC
- 2 large screen TV's, DVD's and digital satellite channels
- Stereo system
- Prestige location with unsurpassed Coral Sea and Coast view
- Direct beach path from the property driveway
- Private heated saltwater swimming pool
- Tropical open verandas surrounded by manicured gardens
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel quality appliances
- Ceiling fans throughout and air-conditioned bedrooms
- Separate laundry
- Short stroll to restaurants, beach and marina
- All linen, bath & pool towels provided
- Unique, luxury villa - featured in the movie "South Pacific" in 2002 with Glenn Close
- A minimum 5 night stay applies year round. There is a 7 night minimum stay requirement in peak holiday periods.
- Premium Peak Season rates apply over school holidays.
- Guests will receive a welcome pack on arrival which will include a bottle of wine & flowers as well as basic household items.
- There will be a complimentary mid stay service provided for bookings of 8 nights or more.
- Daily services can be arranged at an additional cost.
- NO FUNCTIONS OR PARTIES ALLOWED AT ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM ULYSSES GETAWAYS.